Tuesday 7 July 2015

Hello, again.


Hello there! It's good to be back. It's July 2015 and I have stripped my blog back and will be starting a-fresh showing my illustrations and creations from this point. I started my blog back in 2009 (!!) when I was studying for my BA (hons) in Graphic Arts and Design. Since then, I successfully completed that course, gaining a 2:1. I worked as a freelance Graphic Designer for a media company, producing artwork and animated adverts for Alton Towers, BMW and King Sturge for example (which feels like ages ago, as I type it!) In 2012, I gained an MA in Illustration from Nottingham Trent University. I now lecture on their BA (hons) Graphic Design course. I have recently just completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the University of Huddersfield which was really challenging, mostly as it stopped me from producing as much illustration work as I had been since completing my MA. I had built up a lot of momentum, producing illustrations for Marks and Spencer, Tigerprint, Editorial Illustrations for various magazines and receiving regular commissions. However, I enjoyed the challenge of researching, writing and presenting papers at conferences, which have opened me up to new ways of seeing art education and questioning my own views of how I make work - which should only compliment and feed into my own practice. I now work at Leeds College of Art where I run a Young Creatives Portfolio Development course and teach as a visiting lecturer on the Foundation Diploma and the Extended Arts Diploma there - which are both fabulous courses. I work as a tutor at Nottingham Trent University on the brilliant BA (hons) Graphic Design course - I am constantly inspired by the work and minds of all the students who I interact with, I feel so lucky to share their creative journeys. Now I have finished my files and have settled into my life as an artist/educator, I felt that I can re-light this blog, which had sat in a dark corner of the internet, undusted for a while and get back into sharing my illustrations and creations with anyone out there that would like to see them. So 'Hello!' & here goes...




2 comments: